Monday 8 February 2016

I am buying it!

I am buying it!


I was so excited to be buying again, I popped into Bedford town first thing Saturday morning to check out a few charity shops before we went to Northampton. I realised, through doing the shopping my wardrobe thing for 35 days, that I didn't have any boyfriend/slouchy jeans in my wardrobe; only straight leg or skinny ones, so I was very pleased to pick these ones up for £1.99 in the British Red Cross shop. It's a very casual look today!


I also bought a structured pencil skirt here for the same price - in fact all the clothes are this price  in this shop. Then in Age UK they had two rails of sale clothes and I picked up another pair of slouchy jeans for £1.79. Slouchy jeans are just like buses - there aren't any for ages then two come along at once! I also picked up a beautiful draped pencil skirt - Twiggy from M&S for £2.29, and a knitted tunic in cream for £1.79. I bought this Bench multicoloured, zip up top for £1.50 in the 3:16 Christian charity shop.

 f
Yellow t shirt rescued from the ragbag for 50p at Save the Children, where I volunteer. Red creepers charity shopped in Wellingborough in December 2015. I think the blue top I wore on the 35th day of 'not buying it' would go well with this jacket,  so would my red draped top and I have a black draped top that would also go with it.

 I remember reading somewhere a long time ago, that before you buy a garment make sure you have at least 3 or 4 other items that will go with it. I wish I had used this advice this more often - I have a couple of items in my wardrobe I find it difficult to pair  or match things with.


I may have to post a couple of pictures of these anti social items soon and ask you for your opinion!

Necklace, gift from my brother a couple of Christmases ago; I have a blue one, too. Earrings are about 15 years old and were charity shopped, but can't remember where. Bracelet 50p in Willen Hospice shop in Newport Pagnell and black ring I bought for myself years ago.

 I have a red blotch on my neck in this photo. I've noticed I get these blotches on my neck quite often now; I've no idea why and wonder if it's an age thing?

Northampton was a bit of a disappointment. I hadn't been for about 18 months and there seemed to be fewer charity shops than I remembered. I did pick up some bargains though so I'll show you those in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A weekend visitor and an exhibition

 Hello!  I'll soon be off to Ireland  so let me tell you what I've been up to over the last two weeks.  I'll start with a whinge...