Sunday 24 April 2016

Yellow, navy and a long walk...


I wore this outfit on Friday after I finished my bus walk. We caught the bus from Bedford to the village of Milton Ernest and walked back, which is 7 miles. We ended up  in Bedford Park and had tea and cake in the cafe. The best way to finish any walk, I think!

t
It was such a cheerless, grey cloudy day, I wanted to wear something bright - and yellow always obliges.
Grey trousers from Primarni 2 years ago; top charity shopped; cardigan Christmas present from OH, yellow loafers from Tesco outlet store about 4 years ago. Necklace charity shopped and earrings from e bay, 99p.

Beads bought recently at Cancer Research and orange earrings from Sainsburys

On Saturday both OH and I went walking in London for the 'Unlock London' walk.  It was the 33rd walk and was called 'Around the Orbit'.  The Orbit is the horrible twisty construction in the Olympic Park and to give it is full name the Arcelormittal  Orbit. We did the 'Unlock London' walk last year, too, where we started in Southwark and walked to Bermondsey and then Deptford. 

This time we started at Hackney Wick and walked via 9 churches through the streets, by the River Lea through the Olympic Park in Stratford and back to Hackney Wick again.  I liked the Aqua Centre in the Oympic Park and it's lovely to have such a nice open space filled with different sport venues (velodrome, hockey and tennis centre and a stadium, to name just some) but much of the modern architecture leaves me cold. All in all we walked about 10 miles.



Yes, I'm wearing trainers! The only pair I've ever bought (Marie Curie £2.00). Very good for pounding the London streets!


Jeans bought from Lidl some weeks ago and top from Store 21 £5.00 in the sale. Orange bangle from Oxfam, £1.00.


This was a stained glass window from one of the churches.


This was the last of the 9 churches we visited.


One of the many narrow boats on the River Lea.


On Sunday I went to visit my son. It started out as s sunny day but got colder and cloudier as the day went on. I needed this warm red jacket from Fenn Wright Mason bought at the RSPCA shop in Newport Pagnell on Tuesday.


Warm and cozy.


Trousers, top and spotted shirt all charity shopped.


Shoes and pearl necklace charity shopped. Earrings bought from Debenhams about 3 years ago.


I hope everyone has a great week. I'm just doing the usual this week - charity shop volunteering and school run on Monday, Food bank volunteering on Tuesday and may have a rummage in the afternoon - possibly in Rushden. On Wednesday I will be walking with the Ramblers and on Thursday as well. On Friday I'll go walking by myself and do the school run.

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very proud mummy.

  Hello and welcome!  No, I'm not pregnant but I do have a new 'baby'. More on that later. After a two week holiday and a long E...