Wednesday 13 January 2016

Not Buying it - Days 12 and 13


Day 12



I wanted to show you how pretty these flowers look (don't know what they're called) in my Ironstone pitcher that I bought in Huntingdon a couple of weeks ago. The flowers are from Lidl and were £2.00. I love Lidl and have been a faithful customer for 12 years.


This is my outfit for day 12 and I don't like it very much.  I am trying to keep it real so I have posted it! You know when you have a picture in your mind of what something will look like, then once it's on it doesn't look right? I love this dress, but it doesn't suit me. I'm apple shaped and have quite big boobs, so high necks and extra bits on shoulders don't suit me. This dress/tunic has both! I bought it from a charity shop a couple of years back because I liked the colours - beiges, and brown with splashes of blue and orange. It has an interesting bottom half, in that it looks like pleats, but it's just strips of material overlapping - and it has an underskirt. 

I wore blue tights to pick up the blue in the dress and the top underneath it is navy blue from M & S but looks black in this photo. The scarf (charity shop in Co. Donegal) is not right either; although it has a lovely bright blue in it. It's also too long. I started out with a blue and white polka dotted scarf and I should have kept it on! Turquoise earrings are from E Bay and were 99p.

So, I have consigned the dress to the charity shop bag along with the black jeans I wore a few days back. This 'shopping my wardrobe' challenge is making me think about my clothes in a more critical way and get rid of some! That's got to be a good thing hasn't it?

Day 13


This dress/tunic is from Sainsburys and I've had it for about 4 years now, Originally bought in a charity shop I love the colours and the design. I tried it with the greeny-blue belt on the right but it looked better without - I don't have a waist any more and belting things doesn't usually work for me.


The leggings were bought from E Bay and the top is from Primarni. Earrings were bought on a charity shopping expedition to Northampton about 2 years ago and were 99p. The boots are from the Tesco outlet shop and cost £4.00.

I'll be keeping this dress as it has so many colours I can wear with it and it suits me better than yesterday's one. It's more suited to Spring like weather, though. It was very cold today and I wore an extra thick cardigan all day to keep warm.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks into my 'not buying it challenge'. I'm feeling confident that I have enough resources (!) to last at least another 4 weeks so I hope I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A weekend visitor and an exhibition

 Hello!  I'll soon be off to Ireland  so let me tell you what I've been up to over the last two weeks.  I'll start with a whinge...