Monday 2 November 2015

This is me!

Hello and welcome to my blog!





I've been inspired by reading other blogs particularly those to do with fashion and style and thought I'd have a go myself. I'm a retired 60+ women with a joy for life. I love reading, art, stylish clothes, food, music, walking and crochet and of course my family!

I have shopped at charity shops more and more as I have got older. It's been about 20 years since I started shopping this way and if I want anything at all (except food!) I now head straight for the charity shops. Where I live in Bedford we have about 15 charity shops in a relatively small area, but I do so enjoy visiting other places and checking out their charity shops too. Charity shopping is exciting - you never know what you're going to find. I also love car boot sales and jumble sales, although I've noticed the jumble sales are dwindling and are pretty infrequent now.

In the photo above, taken at Magheragh Caves in Co. Donegal this summer; my tunic, necklace and gilet are from Irish charity shops. Skinny black jeans from Primarni and shoes from local shoe shop in Bedford.

My style tends to be smart casual as I no longer go to work, so I like tunics over trousers/jeans/leggings, dresses and maxi skirts and the occasional pencil skirt. I have a lot of clothes, mostly charity shopped and at present have vowed not to buy any more clothes until 2016. There are a couple of caveats though - I will buy clothes if they are on the pound rail and if I find something absolutely fabulous!

4 comments:

  1. I admire .mój English is not good ... so the only way I can write. http://gray50plus50dresses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire .mój English is not good ... so the only way I can write. http://gray50plus50dresses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jolanta!

    I will check out your blog - thank you for commenting.

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Veronica, have just popped across from reading your comment on my blog. Lovely to meet you another kindred spirit who loves her charity shopping. I love the colours in this tunic and think you look very stylish. Will keep reading to find out more about you too.
    Anna
    Anna's Island Style

    ReplyDelete

A weekend visitor and an exhibition

 Hello!  I'll soon be off to Ireland  so let me tell you what I've been up to over the last two weeks.  I'll start with a whinge...