Monday 19 June 2017

Phewww what a scorcher it's been!


Yes, a whole week of a sunshine and high temperatures...


As well as the heat something else happened. My poor little donated laptop died on Tuesday. I had to go out first thing on Wednesday and replace it. Just what I didn't want to have to do as I'm going on holiday in two weeks time..


Anyway I have a new one now and I'm very lucky to be able to get another one.

Everything above is charity shopped. Trousers and white top both from assorted 1.00 rails; trousers are by George and the top is by F & F at Tesco. The sandals were charity shopped in Donegal last summer for 2 euros.


All jewellery charity shopped.


On Thursday Ann and I went out for the day. We went to Uxbridge as I had something to do in a little town near there called West Drayton. We had lunch out and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

 I'm wearing white trousers from F&F; a no label green tunic and my lace top/waistcoat/vest - all charity shopped. I think the green top came from the 1.00 or 99p rail in Barnardo's in Ampthill; the other two items  came from the 1.00 rail in the Red Cross and the 3:16 charity shop. Red Mary Jane's from local shoe store; PJ Shoes.


Scarf charity shopped (1.00) from Stevenage charity shop.


Earrings; Christmas present from Ann years ago - I had a matching bracelet but it broke...necklace from local shop Simi and Lola. Only the bangles are charity shopped.

 Of course we looked in some chazzas and yes, I did buy a couple of things. I spent 3.50. I bought a brightly coloured and patterned pleated skirt for 1.50 in the Harlington Hospice shop in West Drayton and a new spotted cup (I had two and one broke) which cost 1.00. I also bought a pink Principles cardigan for 1.00 in the Thames Hospice shop in Uxbridge. The piece de resistance though was the 'Everything 5.00' shop where I bought this oversized striped linen tunic and wore it on Friday.


Being linen it creases like anything but I find it so cool in the sweltering temperatures we've been having lately. I'm not good in the heat; I wilt and my energy seeps away. Mind you, that could be old age!


Same trousers as yesterday and charity shopped Mary Jane's.


All jewellery charity shopped. The necklace has gone a little off centre...

I did the school run on Friday, did the food shopping, fitted in a 4 mile walk and went for my induction at the library. I'm taking on another volunteering activity at our local library. I start the week I come back from Ireland and will be doing a few hours on a Tuesday afternoon. Apparently, our main library, which is my local one, is becoming digitised from September. It will be staffed from 11 am to 4 pm and will be self service only outside of these hours. I'm really looking forward to starting but wonder how many people will have lost their jobs through the new changes. We are lucky to retain our library; there have been several attempts to close it but public protest has intervened.

You may be thinking I've been very muted in colour choices this week but never fear; I went for colour in a big way on Saturday when I went to see my son -  in temperatures of 28 degrees I might add!


Skirt; 1.50 West Drayton charity shop; M & S jacket from the Guild House in Bedford and the white top by Monsoon from a 1.00 rail somewhere...


Black sandals charity shopped two years ago but can't remember where or how much. I also got round to painting my toe nails at last!


All jewellery charity shopped.

On Sunday my youngest grandson was seven. We went to Milton Keynes to one of those 'eat all you can' places to celebrate. It was unbearably hot all day and I did very little. I am afraid I do not like high temperatures; about 23 or 24 degrees is what I can cope with. The flowers in the garden seem to like it though!


As I type this OH is in the garden watering the plants and talking to them...


Everything charity shopped except shoes and watch.


I've had this cardigan for years. The skirt is from the Red Cross shop last week; 1.99 and the white top is Land's End from a 1.00 rail somewhere.


All jewellery charity shopped.

Have you been enjoying our heatwave? Or is it cooler where you are?

I hope you have a fab week wherever you are!

23 comments:

  1. A week of sunshine? It didn't get nice here until Saturday so we've only had three days of it. I'm moving!
    I love that linen tunic and that crazily colourful pleated skirt and that Simi and Lola necklace is a stunner.
    Your garden is looking absolutely glorious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vix.

      Don't move - you'd miss all your brilliant vintage finds!

      Have a fab time in Greece.
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Despite the heat you look cool in your linen and lightweight outfits. Love the pleated skirt and the bright jacket too. Sorry about your laptop-things never break when it is convenient, do they.

    Happy Birthday to your grandson. Our heatwave just broke-with TWO tornadoes thrown in for good measure. I'm okay with the heat but we have central air conditioning. I keep thew curtains closed during the day and run errands at night. We've moderated a bit now-31C as I type.

    Hang in there-hopefully it will be cooler in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Goody.

      Yes, I am almost 100% sure it will be cooler in Ireland. Our heatwave broke today - it was 31 degrees here yesterday and today it's about 20.

      I can't imagine one tornado never
      mind two!!

      Delete
  3. I am insanely jealous of all your good weather! It's still chilly (mid- to high-teens here), and I'm still wearing a coat, for goodness' sake!

    Love your new linen tunic, and all your bright colours, Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. I do hope you have had some more summery weather by now....

      Delete
  4. I've loved the heatwave Veronica and even did a seven mile walk in it yesterday. Fab linen tunic and I love the necklace You've teamed with it.
    Btw,do your family ever see you in the same thing twice?? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you, Fi. Didn't you collapse in a heap afterwards? It was 31 degrees here yesterday!

      Re the clothes, yes they do but I have so many clothes I could probably wear something different everyday for a month - at least! I blame it on the 99p/1.00 rails...
      xx

      Delete
  5. I've loved the heatwave Veronica and even did a seven mile walk in it yesterday. Fab linen tunic and I love the necklace You've teamed with it.
    Btw,do your family ever see you in the same thing twice?? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. In this heat, creasy linen really doesn't matter. I think just being up and about is an achievement. (My poor husband still has to wear suits for work.) You look wonderfully cool in your photos, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I'm back from I.O.W, blame me for the hot weather we always get a good week,but its too hot for me Love the linen top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great time in the IoW. It's been too hot for me too, Polly but it seems to be back to normal temperatures - thank goodness!

      Delete
  8. I'm with you I cannot do heat AT ALL! It's been too hot for me, you look fabulously cool in all your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on this crazy heatwave Vronni - warm is fine, but this is too hot! We've been on a couple of picnics this week and at least it was breezy sitting on the seashore. But on to you - I really like the turquoise maxi skirt and that russett and turquoise necklace is fab too. And stop the press! That pleated skirt in all of those glorious colours really has my name on it. Please send it on when you're done. Oh what skirt envy I've got now!

    Countdown to your hols is on then?

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that it's back to normal June temperatures now!

      Yes, it is a fab skirt and most certainly if I get bored with it or grow out of it (!) I will send it on...xx

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've loved the heatwave and though draining, I'm missing it now. But at least I'm able to work in the garden now it's cooler. Your containers are looking lovely. A plant I thought totally dead has come alive in the past few days!
    You seem to have successfully kept the fabric cool and the colours hot this week. Though how you remember which shop, town and price of each item astonishes me, when I can't even remember what I went into the kitchen for ... Respect Vronni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean Mary, I do it too! I don't know why I remember where I bought things but I often do,not always, though!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that pleated maxi skirt is amazing! Your jewellery is too, as always, you really have the knack of finding the most wonderful pieces. Glad to hear you've found a replacement for your laptop. It was bound to happen some time ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A plant I thought totally dead has come alive in the past few days!


    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

A weekend visitor and an exhibition

 Hello!  I'll soon be off to Ireland  so let me tell you what I've been up to over the last two weeks.  I'll start with a whinge...