1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
2. What skin type do you have?
3. What is your current facial wash?
Superdrug Vit E Facial Wash Cream - cleanses and exfoliates.
4. Do you exfoliate?
5. What brand do you use?
6. What moisturizer do you use?
Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Moisturiser. I bought in the duty free and on special offer on the ferry to Ireland in 2014 and fell in love with it. I buy it on the net or sometimes my local Savers shop has it on special offer. This year I bought two for £22.00 on the ferry again.
7. Do you have freckles?
8. Do you use eye cream?
No, but I do use a face serum near my eyes - does that count?
9.Do you, or did you previously have, acne prone skin?
No - but the day I got married I came up in a crop of pimples on my forehead that I’ve never seen the like of since! It must have been an omen of things to come….
10. Have you ever needed to use Pro-activ?
Don’t know what it is.
11. What foundation do you
I don’t use foundation and never have,
12. How about concealer?
I have a Rimmel concealer stick but only use it about once or twice a year.
13. Do you know your skin's colour tone?
Not really, but I am very pale usually - although I also get very flushed cheeks easily and I still have hot flushes at 62 that turn my face beetroot red.
14. What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I love them but can’t be arsed. Last wore them aged about 15….
15. Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
3 months? when did it become 3 months?? I thought it was 6 months?
I tend to use them until they either
a. dry up
b. run out
In total accord with Gisela here hence I’ve pinched her answers!
16. What brand of mascara do you use?
Anything on special offer except Rimmel mascara which I don’t like. Currently, I’m using a L’Oreal one which I bought at the duty free and I’ve never seen it before. It’s called ‘Miss Manga - Mega Volume’. Prior to that I had some Benefit mascara bought on a special offer in the duty free, but was not impressed with it. I think the best mascara I’ve ever used, but it’s too expensive to buy on a regular basis is, Dior’s ‘Diorshow’.
17. MAC or Sephora?
18. What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Currently I’m using eyelash curlers. I’ve one set of eyelashes that are straighter than the other so I curl my left eye eyelashes only!
19. Do you think you look good even when you’re not wearing makeup?
20. Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
21. For the face?
No, but I do use an illuminator stick.
22. What is your favourite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Don’t use eyeshadow very often but green or grey or gold are my preferred colours.
23. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Pencil, one of the best was an Elizabeth Arden one which came as a free gift with something.
24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Have never done so but frequently get miniscule bits of pencil shavings in my eyes from when I’ve just freshly sharpened my eye pencil.
25. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I’ve never tried one as I wear eyeshadow so rarely.
26. Do you use mineral makeup?
Have never tried it.
27. What is your favourite lipstick?
I am forever seeking the perfect red. So far, it’s a L’Oreal matte one - Collection Exclusive by J Lo. I’ve heard very good things about Revlon lipsticks and will be buying one soon when they come back with the buy one get one half price offer….
28. How about lip gloss?
No, I use vaseline as a lip gloss.
29. What is your favourite blush to use?
Collection 2000 blush stick. I used to use a Body Shop cream one but they discontinued the colour.
30. Do you buy makeup on eBay?
Yes, I’ve bought mascaras but brand name ones and I’ve also bought 6 red lipsticks in the quest for the perfect one. 2 out of 6 were good but not great. I donated the other 4!
31. Do you like drugstore makeup?
It’s the one I use 99% of the time.
32. Do you go to CCOs (Cosmetic company outlets)?
33. Have you ever considered taking make-up classes?
No. No need when there are so many make up tutorials on You Tube etc.
34. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I hope not after 47 years of practice!
35. Name a "makeup crime" that you hate?
Bright blue eyeshadow plastered ALL OVER eyelids.
36. Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow, etc) or neutral ones?
I like both.
37. Which celebrity do you think always has great makeup?
Oh Lord, too many to name. I like Cheryl Cole that was, Julianne Moore, Elizabeth Taylor in her youth, Audrey Hepburn. Judi Dench.
38. If you had to leave the house having used just ONE make up item, what would you pick?
39. Are you able to leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes, but it has taken me many years to feel comfortable doing so. Strange since now I’m grey and wrinkled it doesn’t bother me but would have hated to do it in my youth. I expect it’s because older women are mostly ‘invisible’.
40. In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I’ve no idea. I would have to have tried every single brand and item to answer this question and clearly I haven’t.