Monday 9 May 2016

Summer's caught me on the hop!


Necklace, watch (M & S, bought in 3:16 charity shop on Thursday), bangle and earrings all charity shopped.

I wore this outfit last Thursday. The beautiful weather we've had since last Wednesday has caught me on the hop and I hadn't got round to painting my toe nails! I like to have painted toenails if I'm wearing sandals in the summer. 

These sandals are about 5 years old and were bought in the Clark's sale. I also have a brown pair. The magenta skinny jeans were charity shopped last week in Rushden and the striped top also charity shopped a few months ago. Whilst I was rummaging in Rushden last Tuesday afternoon I also bought a BNWT, Next, cardigan for £4.00; and a plain white, short sleeved, Next top for £1.00. I picked up some earrings and a turquoise and silver cuff for 20p, all from the Salvation Army charity shop.

On Wednesday I went rambling and we walked from Biggleswade to the RSPB headquarters in Sandy which was 7 miles.


The Lodge - Headquarters of the RSPB in Sandy, Bedfordshire,


The topiary above is an Avocet which is the RSPB symbol. It had pride of place on the lawn!


Rhododendrons blooming in the grounds.


This beautiful Georgian house is called 'Shortmead House' and was rescued from near dereliction by the current owners and lovingly restored. It has a par terre at the front and a lovely small lake, as well.

I walked by myself last Thursday and did another 7 miles.


On Friday, I drove to Devon to see my best friend of 50 years. We had a lovely time. We went charity shopping in Taunton on Saturday and this is what I wore. The palazzo pants are from Sainsburys 50% off, top charity shopped, shoes charity shopped, watch, beads, bangles and earrings all charity shopped.


I bought some orange comfy shoes, a beautiful hand made, greeny/blue jacket for 99p, a black, orange and white top, some books and a pair of swimming trucks for middle grandson. What I was looking for was some navy blue trousers. Did I find any? No. I'm still looking.


This is my lovely friend, Hilary.



As well as charity shopping, eating out, and visiting Hilary's daughter and grandchildren we managed to fit in a bit of walking. On Saturday we walked about 4 miles and passed this telephone box cum free library in a little village called Bolham.



You take any book and leave a donation which goes to charity. You can also donate books. I think it's a great idea as most of our old telephone boxes are now gone and the new ones are just plain hideous!


On Sunday we walked by the canal and did 8.77 miles. We passed these nesting swans on the opposite bank. We also saw, later on, a swan followed by some very new cygnets.


There was a lovely little canal side cottage tea room with a tea pot theme....


How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very proud mummy.

  Hello and welcome!  No, I'm not pregnant but I do have a new 'baby'. More on that later. After a two week holiday and a long E...